Had an accident? Know your legal rights
We understand that having an accident can be a confusing and stressful time, which is why you need to be fully aware of your rights before making a claim.
Know your legal rights
Did you know, following an accident, it's your legal right to have your car repaired anywhere of your choice. If you contact your insurance company, they may try to get the repairs done at the lowest possible price without caring as much about the quality of the repair as you do.
The damaged vehicle will often be repaired using non-genuine aftermarket parts, which can compromise the quality of repair, and also affects your manufacturer’s warranty and residual sale value. All Insurers have an obligation governed by the FCA to ‘Treat customers fairly’, you do not need to use your insurance company's favoured establishment and you do not need two estimates.
ACR Bedford has been awarded numerous manufacturer approvals; simply because we don’t compromise on the quality and the safety of repairs, it’s your vehicle – it’s your choice who repairs it for you.
Accident Assistance & Customer Mobility
If you are ever unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident that was not your fault, give us a call and take advantage of our complimentary accident assistance service.
Just one phone call and we will recover your vehicle if undrivable, provide you with a courtesy car so you are kept mobile, and can even offer a local collection and delivery service in the Bedford area.
Everything we do is built around the same philosophy, to repair your vehicle and return it to its original condition, with the least amount of inconvenience to you. We handle the whole claim process for you, communicate directly with your insurance and third parties, and promise to keep you informed every step of the way.
Before You Claim...
Important facts to know before making a claim:
- It is your legal right to choose who repairs your vehicle and you should not be restricted in exercising this right. Don’t be pressurised into using your insurers own repair centre
- Your vehicles warranty, residual value and safety may be compromised if it is not repaired by a manufacturer approved repair centre.
- Courtesy cars are provided at the repair centres expense not paid for by the insurer. We can provide you with a free courtesy vehicle, whilst repairs are carried out
- All repairs to your vehicle must be authorised by your insurance company regardless of where it is repaired
- Insurance approved repair centres are appointed based on agreed commercial terms, not necessarily because of the quality of service and repair they provide.